Bloggystyle -- The Greatest: Jim Jones and the Breakfast Club

Monday, February 14, 2005

 

Jim Jones and the Breakfast Club


Despite panning Diplomatic Immunity II, those who know me are all too aware that I do in fact listen to a bunch of the Diplomats and their self described "powerful music."

When I say Diplomats, I mean Juelz and Cam. Why? Because Jim Jones is pretty much one of the worst rappers of all time. I have never seen anybody besides another Diplomat say anything good about Jim Jones.

What do the Diplomats say about Jim Jones? Most specifically, I guess they call him the Capo of the Dipset crew. But best of all, Juelz claims that Jim Jones has been "labeled and known as a young Pac to the public," which is sort of like equating Kevin Eubanks with Jimi Hendrix.

Still, I've actually been trying to think of something to say about Jim Jones that isn't a total diss.

What did I come up with? Jim Jones is far and away the greatest rapper to ever eat cereal in a music video.


There is documented visual evidence that Jim Jones eats his Wheaties


Well after coming up with the start of the rapper version of "Breakfast Club," I'm trying to fill out my roster of rappers that eat cereal in their videos.

Here's my top 3:
#1: Jim Jones - Jim Jones can't rap but he can fill his mouthful of cereal in that Certified Gangstas video. Maybe this explains why he's always mumbling.

#2: J-Kwon - This rap rookie is only 17 but he puts down Corn Pops like a seasoned veteran in the Hood Hop video.

#3: Pharrel - As you can see, my stable of rap stars fell off harder than Superman and his horse. If Pharrell's testosterone was proportional to the amount of Cocoa Puffs he eats in one of those Clipse videos, maybe he wouldn't sound like he's constantly getting buttrammed by that Chinese dude in the Neptunes.
Clearly my list is not entirely comprehensive, but this is a good start. If any of you can come up with any notable additions, please do so. Because as it stands now, my roster is starting to look like a shittier version of D12, if that's possible.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?