Bloggystyle -- The Greatest: Exclusive: Tragedy Hits The Hip Hop World

Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

Exclusive: Tragedy Hits The Hip Hop World


The immaculate Tupac Shakur once intimated that "the shit don't stop," and in the rap world, his words have tragically range true once again. Released from the hospice by the exceedingly benign No Limit Records just hours ago, Terri Schiavo ironically met her untimely demise on the mean streets of New Orleans while she was rolling toward a scheduled No Limit Concert at Club 878.

Rap correspondent Johnny Whitewater filled out this report for us.
Like Backcourt 2000 or the NWA Reunion Game's been hoping for, some things just aren't meant to be. At least that's the only consolation the rap community can offer itself after losing the talented Terri Schiavo to senseless violence before she could make her mark on the Dirty South scene.

Exact details are scarce, but I've interviewed a number of eyewitnesses who tell a compelling story of Ms. Schiavo's final moments. Schiavo, a novice on the New Orleans scene, unwittingly rolled into the dangerous eastside of New Orleans, and this was no Bourbon Street. On her way to a scheduled No Limit concert at Club 878, which spells TRU on a phone pad, Ms. Schiavo was completely unaware that the wheels on her chair were sporting the wrong colors. Hoping to raise funds to finance Corey "C-Murder" Miller's appeal against his murder charges, Schiavo herself became a victim.


Reppin that smile and sunshine shit in her native Tampa wasn't no thing, but Schiavo had mistakenly entered the turf of a very violent gang. While the colors of this gang are not completely known, I am able to reproduce a picture of their coat of arms.


The crime scene is understandably being sealed off by the police, but I was able to take a few photographs of the crime scene before the New Orleans Metro Police Department showed up. Warning: these are very graphic scenes, not suitable for children.




From what we can gather, Master P and the rest of No Limit have been taken in for questioning. While they are clearly not suspects in the investigation, one unfortunate fact that will unquestionably come out of the process is that the No Limit Tank, so instrumental in saving Ms. Schiavo at the hospice in Pinellas Park, was not wheelchair accessible, relegating Ms. Schiavo to her ill fated stroll through the seedy underbelly of New Orleans society.

Johnny Whitewater, reporting from New Orleans.
Although the specifics aren't 100% clear, there has already been an outpouring of grief in the rap community, with much of the hip hop world's luminaries reacting.



Mase: This is a terrible tragedy for rap, music and the United States of America as a whole. But through the grace of Our Lord & Savior, Jesus H. Christ, Ms. Schiavo's salvation, the killer's salvation, and our salvation shall ultimately be attained, God Willing. May the Lord bless Ms. Schiavo, and may the Lord bless all of us, except for you, Cam'ron Giles, fuck you asshole!



50 Cent: Aite, I won't front. It ain't no big secret me and the bitch had beef. But that don't mean me or my Gorilla Unit made her a greasestain on a New Orleans block, even if it's possible that one of those shells in my body came hot straight from her spitting gat. All that can be said now is I'm breathin and she ain't.



Lil Scrappy: "My brain...is takin in too much pain."



Chino X L: Well I guess it's just one more hip hop casualty. Now Ms. Schiavo can join Big Pun in the netherworld. But the struggle continues. I can see it now. Pun's probably up there making a move for her feeding tube.



Fat Joe: I am going to fuck Chino X L up. You're a dead motherfucka now!



Lil Flip: I guess someone could say it's "Game Over" for Ms. Schiavo. HAH! See, I'm clever! I am! Fuck T.I.



Houston: I feel like Schiavo and I had a lot in common, nah'mean? God puts major obstacles in our way on the path to stardom and success, including disabilities. But Schiavo overcame her's, and I will see to it (somewhat) that those of us with disabilities will reach the mountain. And Chino X L, you better stop calling me "Cyclops" on those mixtapes or I'm gonna send Bushwhick Bill after your ass.



Skee Lo: I feel like I already knew her. She and I faced the same struggles in life. "I wish I was a lil bit taller..."



Snoop: Is it already that time of year again? Ok, ok. Rest in peace Pac, Big, Eaze...You gon hit this or what?



The Game: Huh? Someone in hip hop died? Holy shit. Aiyo Dre, lace the track, I got new writing material again!

As you can see, this woman's loss is going to be deeply felt for a long time.

Comments:
>Fat Joe: I am going to fuck Chino X L up. You're a dead motherfucka now!

>"My brain...is takin in too much pain."

Hilarious
 
not funny
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?