Bloggystyle -- The Greatest: It's A Craze. Everybody Love It.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

 

It's A Craze. Everybody Love It.


Two days into the NCAA Tournament, and I've already got some of the competition flustered. As you already know, two of my Final 4 teams are considered insane controversial picks. But Villanova and Mississippi St. easily handled their competition and will be breezing by Florida and Duke respectively in 30 hours. 26-6 through the first 32 games left me tied for first in our Mindset Army pool.

The Chris McNaughton heroics did get me to thinking about popular jerseys. And when the Sports Guy opined that the Moss Raiders jersey will be the biggest seller ever due to the hip hop implications it holds, I decided to wonder who currently have the 5 least popular jerseys.

After a bit of discussion with Kenny Bloggins, we did reach one conclusion: anybody with the name Gay is at the least one of the two least popular jerseys.

I'm putting Gay at #1.

Kenny Bloggins had Jose Canseco at #1, but I'm not even sure he should crack the Top 5. My rationale is that a Canseco jersey would be a unique, kinda funny thing to wear.

Instead, my #2 is a darkhorse. Those of you who are familiar with Jackie should know that receiving a Doug Christie jersey from a pal is a very ominous signal. Remember those "Got a friend who's whipped?" commercials that one of those breweries put out? The Christie jersey is the epitome of that.

If it wasn't for the novelty aspect that always gets put into a star player playing on a crap team near the twilight of his career, then Emmitt's Cardinals jersey would have cracked the list. However, as I've seen in countless MTV Jams sessions, things like a Gary Payton Bucks jersey is popular among rappers looking for something unique.

Anyway, I think the #3 least popular jersey of all time belongs to a current Cincinatti Bearcats player. So what's the name on the back of Tony's jersey? Bobbit. No, it's not spelled like John Bobbitt, but still.

Kenny B. got creative near the end of his list, citing a Percy Miller Hornets jersey from way back in the day when Master P was sayin Unh!!! in the tryouts. He didn't come close to making the team, but Paul Silas did commend Percy for his ability to draw fouls with his very refined and realistic sounding shout.

Still, I think that would be one of those novelty jerseys that Fabolous is going to bring out in his next "Made 4 The Bitches" single video. If I had to make a real guess, I think it's safe to say that Rae Carruth isn't exactly getting royalties in the pen from the sales for his vintage Carolina Panthers jersey.

That leaves one more to choose, and it's definitely a tough call. But would anyone ever get an Esera Tuaolo jersey?


Comments:
Great post. Another tight jersey (even though i don't think they are made) would be Kobe with the Hornets or Jeff Bagwell with the Red Sox.
 
I don't think you can really count Kobe on the Hornets. I mean, he never wore a Hornets jersey.

Trust me, if we could play by those rules, I'd already have a Bucks' Dirk Nowitzki jersey. But if they never played with the team, I don't think we can count them.
 
I'd be more than proud to be the first kid on my block with a Greg Fucka jersey.

Head's a tough call, but as a male, it's hard to say that we wouldn't want to wear a Head jersey.
 
I've got a pretty bitchin' Villanova Kerry Kittles jersey. Also, I have a Chiefs Joe Montana jersey, a Notre Dame Joe Montana jersey, a Michigan Chris Webber jersey, and a Nuggets Mutumbo jersey.

beat that, bitches.
 
I've got a pretty bitchin' Villanova Kerry Kittles jersey. Also, I have a Chiefs Joe Montana jersey, a Notre Dame Joe Montana jersey, a Michigan Chris Webber jersey, and a Nuggets Mutumbo jersey.

beat that, bitches.
 
that post was so badass I did it twice by mistake.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?