Bloggystyle -- The Greatest: Quest For The J Roget: Day 4

Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

Quest For The J Roget: Day 4


It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

First the good. Villanova shellacked Florida almost from the get go. After being surprised that Nova dispatched New Mexico, Fly called them lucky that the Lobos weren't on their game, despite the fact that Villanova shot 28% from the field. Well, that shooting won't be duplicated again. Despite the fact that Charles "Fort" Sumpter fell within minutes, Nova persevered and handled the surging Gators with a cool, calm and collected effort. Next up is North Carolina.

2 hours after Villanova dropped yet another bomb on some unsuspecting competition, Georgia Tech made the French proud with a complete and utter laydown in the presence of the mighty Conference USA Champion (oxymoron of all oxymorons), Louisville.

I picked Tech to make the title game and lose to Villanova. And despite the huge difference between the names of the school, I was still almost tempted to pick them to win it all. Hell, Tech put out an incredible lineup featuring Stephon Marbury Jackoff, Slick Willy Bynum and Blow. Job. Elder, and even that crazy looking Aussie who has to be extremely effective in scaring people out of the middle. How did this team lose to Fransisco Garcia by 20+ points? After watching the Rick Pitino Project in Boston, I guess I'll always be in shock anytime his team wins an important game.

Last but certainly not least were the belovable Bulldogs of Mississippi St. Who else but me forsaw the scare they would instill in Duke? I might not be able to name a single one of their players, but I do know one thing: without the typically biased Duke officiating for Coach Gay and company, my Final 4 dream matchup between Villanova and Mississippi St. would still be on track. I'm extremely bitter about this, even moreso since shitty Michigan State would have been the Bulldogs' next victim.

So how am I faring in the race for the Roget? 3rd place isn't too bad, with such wise selections as NC St. over UConn and of course Villanova. But after last week's Boozathon, perhaps it's all for the better if I'm not mackin Leon Phelps style. I'm definitely counting on the Cats now, and they've never let me down once this season.


Comments:
Turns out I am retarded when it comes to NCAA picks.

Who knew?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?