Bloggystyle -- The Greatest: Discussing Paul Shirley's All Ugly Team

Friday, April 08, 2005

 

Discussing Paul Shirley's All Ugly Team


Our very own 1st Team All NBA Uglies entry provided some controversy and debate among readers, making a subsequent 2nd Team and 3rd Team inevitable.

But first we should give a shoutout to the man who inspired us to come up with the team, no homo. The premise of making this team has been out there before, but our current attempts were motivated by Phoenix Suns scrub Paul Shirley, in his little blog about being the Suns 12th man, where he performs such duties as picking up Crispy Cremes for Q and helping the Gorilla put on the outfit.

He found time to discuss his version of the All Ugly Team.
(Incidentally, my version of this year’s team has two members from Minnesota, one from the Milwaukee Bucks, one from the Warriors and one from the Portland Trail Blazers. In the interest of not getting the [crap] kicked out of me, should I actually play in a game against one of these teams, I will keep the exact identities to myself.)
Shirley makes a very good decision in keeping them anonymous. You ever seen this guy?


I wonder if Joe Johnson's teammates ever let him live that one down. Wow.

Now that you've seen Paul Shirley's White Men Can't Jump moment, it's time to get down to business and discuss Shirley's team. I had a discussion about Shirley's picks with Nasty Naus, and the conversation went something like this.

Me: Is there any doubt the Buck is Gadzuric?
Nasty Naus: I was thinking Booth.
Me: Santiago might be a dark horse here too.
Nasty Naus: Look at Booth's head.
Me: I'll give you that. But Gadzuric has a perfect pedigree of ugliness.
Nasty Naus: Well we know one of the Wolves is Cassell. I think the other might be EJ (Ervin Johnson).
Me: What about Troy Hudson?
Nasty Naus: Can't be Hudson.
Me: What do you mean? You seen Hudson's hair?
Nasty Naus: Look at this picture. Hudson's got a nice smile.
(Insert no homo into Nasty Naus's last comment)
Me: This is where you actually gotta watch the games. Hudson's hair is nothing like that.
Nasty Naus: Couldn't it be Spree?
Me: Perhaps, but Hudson's like the uglier Spree. He looks like Beetlejuice from Stern.
Nasty Naus: I was thinking Lil Wayne myself.
Me: What about the Trailblazer? Miles?
Nasty Naus: It's certainly not that superfly pimp Joel Przybilla.
Me: I'd build a case for Patterson, but he's beaten every case he's caught. Besides, his nanny would disagree with me.
Nasty Naus: Didn't Miles hook a chick in one of those movies he's been in?
Me: I'm not sure. But they do got this 7 foot 300 pound Chinese dude with the last name Jin.
Nasty Naus: His picture's not up, probably for the better. I guess Miles it is.
Me: I'm pretty sure the Warrior is Adonal Foyle.
Nasty Naus: Troy Murphy's not turnin heads.
Me: You just want a white guy on the team.
Nasty Naus: What about Baron Davis?
Me: Adonal Foyle is the West Coast's answer to Popeye Jones. And again, have you ever seen this guy's head?
Nasty Naus: Does this picture do Foyle justice?
Me: That's pretty close, but he's even uglier on TV screens.
Nasty Naus: Ok I'm sold.
The two of us agreed on 3/5 of them. Here is what I believe to be Paul Shirley's All Ugly team:



For those scoring at home, that's a backcourt of Sam Cassell and Troy Hudson, with a frontcourt of Darius Miles, Dan Gadzuric and Adonal Foyle.

Meanwhile, Nasty Naus has this group.



That would be Sam and Miles in the backcourt, with a bulked up front line of Calvin Booth, Adonal Foyle, and Ervin Johnson.

We may not have reached consensus, but I am sure of one thing. Nasty Naus likes it big. I'll let him dispel all rumors with his own no homo in the comments section.

Comments:
LOL
 
i like it big huh? yeah, i need a big homo right under that whole conversation
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
nastynaus's group is uglier. its not miles tho, its Richie Frahm. heres my picks:

PG Cassell (T-Wolves)
SG Frahm (Blazers)
SF Fred Hoiberg (T-Wolves)
PF Adonal Foyle (Warriors)
C Booth (Bucks)
 
It may be Richie, but that korean dude on the blazers is one ugly motherfucker:

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/ha_seung-jin.jpg
 
Yeah, Fred Hoiberg is ugly..With him Cassell, EJ, Spree, etc. its hard to choose. The T-Wolves are the NBA equivalent of Cash Money.
 
Oh my god. Is that a chinese dude with a unibrow?

I understand DJX's call for diversity, but Richie Frahmn is no Darius Miles, and I'm certainly not going to put the Mayor on any All Ugly team, no homo.
 
Also, I don't think those pictures do justice to the ugliness of Troy Hudson and Dan Gadzuric.

My argument would have been bolstered with pictures like http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040415/040415_troyhudson_vmed_1p.vmedium.jpg
and http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/1699368.jpg?x=x&dasite=POD&dareq=01091C191D0D4F1D12005F4246584A4046595F4B4E
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?