Bloggystyle -- The Greatest: J. Dub's 2nd Annual Brewers Rap

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

 

J. Dub's 2nd Annual Brewers Rap


During the past 30+ years, the Milwaukee Brewers have almost never served a purpose in the local community. Generally speaking, no payroll, sheisty owners, stadium problems and lack of competition don't really translate into good things. Only diehard Milwaukee baseball fans have a use for the Brewers, and since I've never met one, I can't verify the existence of such a species. At least we're not Chicago: by continuing to set no goals or expectations on the field, the Brewers can't disappoint them.

However, it is that special time of year again, where the weather gets warmer and the words Milwaukee Brewers, undefeated and first place can all be combined into one sentence. This can only mean one thing: it's the perfect time to release my 2nd Annual Rap, dedicated to all the Brewers making meaningful contributions, no homo.

So here is my ode to the underappreciated, unrecognized, underrated, undefeated NL Central Division leading Milwaukee Brewers.
I'm like every other male: always looking for wild foreplay.
All I'm tryin is to round more bases than Lyle Overbay.
Hittin the scenes lookin for a crazy party,
But I won't stop short quite like J.J. Hardy.
Love this because I don't often rip the mic when,
I'm too busy trying to hit the Sheets like Ben.
Here at Bloggystyle we try to make the proceedings lively.
Like a Junior: I'm not talkin Griffey I'm talkin Spivey.
So you all like this little rap hopefully.
I know; I'm not as consistent as Carlos Lee.
But when I'm on, you know it's on for real though.
I'm tryin to knock more outta the park than Cirillo.
And all this so far without a word about Jenkins,
What more can be said about that man I'm left thinkin? (no homo)
Here comes the end; maybe I'll add some more later.
But then I'd have to be able to name one more player.
Sure, Fitz may have a successful home team, but have any of you seen a flawless insertion of Albert Pujols' name in a rhyme?

Now that I have given my full support, maybe these Brewers will venture forth, daring to go where no Brewer has gone in 20 years: success.

Comments:
Pujols rhymes with Poo holes, kind of.

Since I'm from St Louis, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to make up words and mess with pronounciations, a la Nelly.
 
It depends. I'd have to see your final results before determining whether or not it's legit.

Come on, saying there like thurr is just ridiculous.
 
words that rhyme w/ pujols:

poo holes
two bowls
true polls
new rolls
shoe coals
zoo moles
blue poles
screw goals
as to strolls
view roles
grew tall
cue knowles
controls
consoles
creoles
enrolls
extols
nicole's
paroles
patrols

...the list goes on
 
cassell the alien
http://home.flash.net/~bookez/cassell.htm
 
That list was true magic. An added note, the brewers have that great slide in centerfield.
 
C'mon man, don't diss the brewers too bad, I'm predicting an 80-82 season or so.
 
>Now that I have given my full support, maybe these Brewers will venture forth, daring to go where no Brewer has gone in 20 years: success.

Naw. But it is nice to see you not be a fairweather fan. and im sure most people in the milwakuee area are.
 
OK, you can rhyme stuff with Pujols. But what about Isringhausen or Grudzielanek :) ?
 
> Isringhausen or Grudzielanek

if i knew how to pronounce it.

does the first one rhyme with the EPMD song "i'm housin'"? does the other one rhyme with "raw neck" or "gray wreck"?
 
according to ESPN , it is pronounced: Gress-uh-Lawn-ick
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?