Bloggystyle -- The Greatest: Laguna Beach

Monday, August 01, 2005

 

Laguna Beach


I think most of us can pretty much agree that MTV is about 95% garbage, 4% Sunday Stew and 1% Real World/Road Rules Challenge, but I still couldn't get over how pathetic MTV got when they busted out a show called Laguna Beach, which was sort of supposed to be a reality TV version of the OC.

Although I know of the OC's popularity, I don't watch it so I can't comment on it. But I did catch plenty of Laguna Beach thanks to Mad Dog's somewhat illegal obsession with Kristin, who was a junior in high school during the filming of the show.

There's just one problem with Laguna Beach; there was pretty much nothing good about Laguna Beach. It was a bunch of minors doing a bunch of rich snobby/high schooler's type of shit. Meanwhile, the overarcing storyline was supposed to be that LC, the protagonist blond dumb as doornails snob, wanted to pop her cherry with metrosexual Steven, a dumb as doornails snob, but Steven was already fucking Kristin, the antagonist blond dumb as doornails snob. And, since all these bitches are snobs, they formed their separate combined 80 IQ cliques that hated each other. To make things even worse, the other bitches on the show are just plain ugly, which is extremely surprising considering that every mother living around that area must be a trophy wife.

And that was pretty much the entire show for a dozen episodes. I honestly figured by the end of it that the ratings were down to



So imagine my surprise when I found out last week that they're making a Season 2 of this crap, presumably because they couldn't figure out anything better than the Andy Milonakis Show.

I can only think of one reason why there's a Season 2.

Laguna Beach: Now Completely Legal

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?