Bloggystyle -- The Greatest: "We Been Adored For Keepin It Raw...

Saturday, August 06, 2005

 

"We Been Adored For Keepin It Raw...


...nothin less or more."

And with that simple formula, Prodigy and Havoc made a name for themselves in the world of gangsta rap.

Until now. It seems that two of the least gully rappers of all time have decided to sell out, no homo juelz santana, by riding 50's gravy train.

Forgive me for being late on the news, but I was completely shocked at work when I turned on the Pop station in Milwaukee last week when I heard the usual 50 bubblegum garbage and the stupid singing hook.

Then I heard what sounded like Havoc and then I heard the unmistakable P mumble talk, and I realized that Mobb Deep is officially dead (for those keeping count after Infamy anyway).

The sad thing is that the beat for the song had so much potential, especially the tweak in the beat that reminds me of Extortion with Meth/Raekwon off Hell On Earth. If the Mobb had done this track alone, cut out the pop elements and did something along the lines of Got It Twisted caliber on that beat, they'd have been on their way to a good start for another album.

Instead, it is what it is.

Mobb Deep: 1991-2005

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?